Real Resources is the parent organization to a family of ministries that helps the Church live out God’s love in a broken world. Officially launched in 2012, Real Resources is the name behind some of the best-known ministries that have been serving churches for more than 40 years.
- Founded in 1968, Youth Specialties has been a go-to resource for hundreds of thousands of pastors and youth workers. In its 40-year history, more than 25,000 churches have participated at one of Youth Specialties 2,300 events, held in 110 cities in eight countries. Each day thousands visit www.YouthSpecialties.com to find fresh thinking, innovative resources and real-life ideas for impacting each new generation for the Kingdom.
- Founded in 1994, YouthWorks has organized some 9,000 mission trips for more than 470,000 participants—students, youth workers and pastors—in 35 states and 3 Canadian provinces for more than 13,000 churches impacting thousands of communities in Jesus’ name.
- Launched in 2011, Table Project is an online network designed to engage and support the church community, empower leaders, and move people beyond the pews and into authentic, life-changing relationships.
- For over 25 years, BigStuf Ministries has been offering week long camps for students and leaders to experience the love, hope, wonder, passion, discovery and presence of God through His Son, Jesus. Thousands of teens and leaders—from small towns, big towns, and multiple denominations—convene in Panama City Beach and Daytona Beach in Florida for nine different summer camps.
Now with a corporate structure in place, Real Resources can further expand its service offerings to better equip churches for the mission.
Real Resources understands the real-life factors facing churches, youth and families:
- 64% of married households have parents that both work outside the home (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Characteristics of Families, 2010)
- 80.1% of children ages 6 – 18 participate in one or more extracurricular activity each week; that’s nearly 40 million youth (2007 National Survey of Children’s Health)
- A recent Barna study found that:
59% of youth disconnect either permanently or for an extended period of time from church life after age 15
31% said church was boring
24% said that “faith is not relevant to my career or interests”
Churches must compete — whether they like it, admit to it or not—for their congregation’s attention.
Real Resources’ ministries offer churches relevant resources that resonate with today’s media savvy and socially connected congregations that have unprecedented access to ideas and worldviews that can be far more compelling than what they find at church.
Real Resources core purpose is to serve churches by providing Christ-centered resources and experiences for ministry.
- After a YouthWorks mission trip: “Our youth said, ‘We’ve never known that feeling like this was even possible. We felt like we were in God’s presence.’” –John Fraser, Lutheran Church of the Atonement
- “Youth Specialties is relevant and in touch with today’s youth culture/youth workers.”—Mary Boyd, Calvary Chapel
- “The prayer wall is an amazing part of the Table Project. I do not know how many times I have heard and said ‘I will put you on my prayer chain list’. This just seems to be a great step ahead in prayer chains. It is helpful to see and know someone is praying.”—Rhonda Weerts, Corner Church
- “NYWC has had an immeasurable impact on my ministry, but has probably had an even greater impact on my life. The NYWC staff have spoken truth into my life, encouraged me and challenged my thinking about the larger Body of Christ.”—Chris Weide, Northside Baptist Church
- “The first time I went to PlanetWisdom, I went from loathing church, hating all the kids in my youth group, and even hating God, to accepting Christ and finally getting involved with my youth group and church.”—Student, Lakeland, FL
- “YSpalooza is an awesome weekend of training, refreshment and refocusing.”—Sarah, Immanuel Bible Church
Officially launched in 2012, Real Resources is the name behind some of today’s best-known ministries that have been serving churches for more than 40 years. As the parent organization to a family of ministries—YouthWorks, Youth Specialties, Table Project and BigStuf Ministries—Real Resources plans to further expand its service offerings to better equip churches for the mission. Headquartered in Minneapolis and led by Paul Bertelson, Real Resources’ core purpose is to serve churches by providing Christ centered resources and experiences for ministry. www.RealResources.com